Mind

It seems to me that my mind has texture, like the air I breathe has texture. With texture comes a certain solidity, something tangible, something that may be perceived or experienced, and shaped. From encounters with Reality, I'm left with impressions.

Friday 6 August 2010

State of mind

Freedom is a very abstract thing.

I read somewhere in one of the many books on ideology, political philosophy and democracy that I've been reading during this holiday, that freedom (or it might have been democracy, they seem to mean the same thing to many, and most of the authors were liberals) is a state of mind.

It seems like a reasonable thing to say. Likewise, going for refuge is a state of mind, not merely an intensity of external practice.

It's too late in the night to continue thinking...

No comments: