Mind

It seems to me that my mind has texture, like the air I breathe has texture. With texture comes a certain solidity, something tangible, something that may be perceived or experienced, and shaped. From encounters with Reality, I'm left with impressions.

Friday 6 November 2009

Love

It looks like I've got several friends who are in love at the moment (and it's not even spring). It's complicated and emotional, and it turns their lives upside down in all the wrong ways.

I wish I could give them advice, but I can't.

Well, maybe I can.

Don't hurry, that would be one thing I could say. But that's pretty lame advice, because this animal demands to be fed now. It's blind and easily hurt, and when you fail to properly attended to it, it runs its claws deep into your chest. Being incapable of forming words, it can not express itself in any other way.

There's a totally different beast though, one that is borne out of the patience of friendship. Compared to the untamed solitary love, this love may not be easily spotted at first, because it doesn't make a fuss of itself. Once it it acknowledged, it doesn't necessarily explode or even bloom, not at once, but it may do so later. It is enough to quietly recognise that, yes, there it is. It is easily fed and often satisfied with being remembered, by both.

No comments: