Mind

It seems to me that my mind has texture, like the air I breathe has texture. With texture comes a certain solidity, something tangible, something that may be perceived or experienced, and shaped. From encounters with Reality, I'm left with impressions.

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Notes for meditation interview 5/4-2010

On the Anapanasati retreat, we had meditation interviews. These were opportunities to talk to an experienced meditator for 10 minutes every evening as a way of asking questions related to the practice, and to have the opportunity to verbalise experience, concerns, and other things that arose during the day. This was the only talking that we did during the silence of the retreat.

I usually took notes during the day. These would serve as the starting point for the interview in the evening. These are notes for the interview on the 5th of April that I jotted down in my notebook:
Dull in the morning.
Possibly too much sleep.
Cold and uncomfortable, sinking.
Restless shrine room.

Dullness leaves, replaced with alertness.
Happy and content.
Full of energy, but still settled.
(joy)

Starting to feel the flow of the practice, how one stage leads into the next stage.
Finding the contemplation of vedana liberating.

The practice is so much simpler than what I thought!
Need to build on Just Sitting.

That is all.
Be well!

No comments: