Mind

It seems to me that my mind has texture, like the air I breathe has texture. With texture comes a certain solidity, something tangible, something that may be perceived or experienced, and shaped. From encounters with Reality, I'm left with impressions.

Saturday 23 January 2010

Just Sitting

Today I attended a practice day on the Just Sitting practice at the Cambridge Buddhist Centre, led by Satyaraja.

I'm just leaving these residues from the day in the blog for my own benefit.

The five "Justs":
  1. Just settling.
  2. Just waiting.
  3. Just watching.
  4. Just enjoying.
  5. Just sitting.
Bhavana, meditation, is usually directed (as in the mindfulness of breathing and the metta bhavana), but may also be undirected (according to the Satipatthana Sutta). The undirected bhavana is the just sitting practice.

The talk by Subhuti that inspired Satyaraja to lead this practice day may be found at http://media.libsyn.com/media/dharmachakra/podcast35.mp3 (about 40 minutes).

No comments: